Media in Trouble: All the news thats UNfit to print!: Malpractice

"The information of the people at large can alone make them safe, as they are the sole depositary of our political and religious freedom." --Thomas Jefferson 1810

Friday, July 08, 2005

Malpractice

It seems the Invisible Hand only makes prices go up! Not Down!

It is reports like that that make me say, hmm. The Invisible Hand of Capitalism only works one way. I mean if savings are experienced the price should eventually go down to the customer. Instead we have massive super increases way above inflation rates.

Now I have a really great idea that would interest the pharmaceutical industry because it has the potential of generating a ton of savings on the clinical research side of things. It is a real basic idea in which companies train doctors on how to do clinical trials. There is a lot of time and money wasted in finding clinical investigators in this business and that cost is no doubt factored in to the drug prices. However, my idea would only be accepted by my politics if I had faith in the corporations passing on those eventual savings to their customers.

If the Malpractice Insurance companies are any guage of that, well then I think I'd rather keep my ideas to myself.

|