Media in Trouble: All the news thats UNfit to print!: Cruel, Inhuman, Degrading Torture

"The information of the people at large can alone make them safe, as they are the sole depositary of our political and religious freedom." --Thomas Jefferson 1810

Friday, December 16, 2005

Cruel, Inhuman, Degrading Torture

My fiance' is studying to be a pinko commie public interest selfless lawyer. Wouldn't you know that one of the first things they gave her for free was a little blue copy of the Constitution. I never really read the damned thing and its so damned short I got through it in like an hour (and I am a slow reader). Luckily for me, the news is abuzz these days with a ton of Constitutional issues.

So here are just an Article of Confederation that raised an eyebrow:

US. Constitution:
Article VIII:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.


So this one bascially puts the Death Penalty in the "unconstitutional" realm as well as torture.

So why the hell the media is suckin on John McCain's heehaw this morning cuz the President finally bowed down to accepting his ammendment (which 90 Senators also voted for) is beyond me.

The media is all over this saying "torture has always been illegal, but now cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of military detainees" is illegal.

Hard to wrap your head around these things, I know.

Let me demonstrate the difference.

Torture:



Cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment:



Got that?

|