Media in Trouble: All the news thats UNfit to print!: Corzine Meetup

"The information of the people at large can alone make them safe, as they are the sole depositary of our political and religious freedom." --Thomas Jefferson 1810

Monday, October 31, 2005

Corzine Meetup

Yesterday I visited my first ever political house party. What a doozy! The blogger formally known as GD frogsdong was the host. Both he and his wife were gracious to let radical left wing moonbats such as myself into their home. I met big time bloggers Matt Stoller and Scott Shields, both of whom were more rather down to earth and decent hearted folks. I noticed Scott and I share the blight of working for big time pharma as consultants. Other bloggers included Sharon GR, Juan, Mariel,and laughing at the pieces Rob.

The highlight was of course Congressman Rush Holt (whom also made an appearance on 60 minutes last night). He spoke of glorious things including ways of combatting right wing extremists. He is a generally nice man, approachable, soft spoken, intelligent, well mannered, and all things nice. His appearance in and of itself, pretty much solidified my support for all things Holt. I am hoping he gets the nod from Corzine and is coronated NJ's next senator. If not, he will have my support in the 2006 primaries against Bob Menendez. It is important to note that Menendez is my congressman.

Anyway, with the help of Juan's lightening typing skills, Rush liveblogged his appearance and took comments from the internets. He also added this doozy of a post.

In any case, it was great meeting the folks, a little awkward, but not any more awkward than meeting anyone whom you have only known via electron dances upon and LCD screen, or short discussions on the telephone.

All in all, I now really feel like I am part of a movement. A movement that is powerful enought o generate great interest from at least one Congressman.

Fantastic really. Mr. and Mrs. DBK, thanks for having us!

|