Media in Trouble: All the news thats UNfit to print!: Biodiesel

"The information of the people at large can alone make them safe, as they are the sole depositary of our political and religious freedom." --Thomas Jefferson 1810

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Biodiesel

Say hello to Passat 2005 Running On Soy Oil B100. I trampled upon this blog over at talk left (who was silent on the SCOTUS decision, I know the folks at talk left are real lawyers and they regularly put posts up such as we are screwed with court today, and just put open threads up).

So leaving talk left off the hook since they are probably seeking justice on their own, I did see the first comment on the post was completely irrelevant, but it pointed to the biodiesel blog.

Now, the reason I blogrolled it is perhaps this shaky math that was done on this particular post. Just the final quote here:
It would take 4,800 treated gallons to burn 1 gallon of petroleum. Of course, I make no gaurantees that my math is correct.


Now the other interesting posts are here and here. Which basically put his mileage at around an average of 28 miles per gallon.

I remember researching VW TDIs when I had my gas guzzling (but oh how I loved the torque) VR6. I remember the efficiency was grand on the TDIs. VW says automatics get 34 mpg city 45 mpg highway. I am assuming this guy has an automatic. He also says he drives half city and half highway and if I know LA, he's probably in traffic most of the time.

Meaning that he isn't loosing fuel efficiency and he isn't burning oil.

Someone tell me why these peak oil pushers aren't screaming about biodiesel?



|