Media in Trouble: All the news thats UNfit to print!: Brooks legitimizes ITM

"The information of the people at large can alone make them safe, as they are the sole depositary of our political and religious freedom." --Thomas Jefferson 1810

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Brooks legitimizes ITM

David Brookscolumn today:
On the Internet and in interviews, Iraqis tried to convey the tactile feel of their new migration to normalcy.

"Every person has realized that he's not fighting alone in this battle," one voter wrote. "I moved to mark my finger with ink. I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants."


Iraq the Model Blog Yesterday:
Every person has realized that he's not fighting alone in this battle and that all Iraq, from the very north to the very south is sharing this view even in the cities where security is a big concern, like Diyala, Mosul, and Tikrit; even in Fallujah, the boxes weren't empty.
...
I walked forward to my station, cast my vote and then headed to the box, where I wanted to stand as long as I could, then I moved to mark my finger with ink, I dipped it deep as if I was poking the eyes of all the world's tyrants.


Not that interesting but it says something about blogs.

If you are blogging from Iraq and you say good things about Bush...

David Brooks is reading your stuff (although he wont give credit where credit is due, reffering to ITM as "the internet and in interviews).

If you are blogging from New Jersey and you say bad things about Bush...

Nobody reads your stuff (except for the loyal 6 or 7 a day, thanx!)

|