Media in Trouble: All the news thats UNfit to print!: A first step in a (hopefully) long journey

"The information of the people at large can alone make them safe, as they are the sole depositary of our political and religious freedom." --Thomas Jefferson 1810

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

A first step in a (hopefully) long journey

OK people

Here we go, I started this thing for one simple reason and purpose.

EDUCATION.

That's about the simplest way of putting it.

If you don't watch TV, listen to radio, or read the newspaper. I suggest you start.

Otherwise you wont be getting too much out of this blog. Yeah so I joined the blogosphere because I saw it as a good first step for man and a giant leap for mankind. The blog is something that has taken the internet too long to develop and get some kind of clout.

You may have heard that recently blogs have been in the news, mainly because there are lots of blogs (hopefully like this one will someday be) that have been questioning or even contributing to the news.

This blog will hopefully bring you all a fresh air of media that you may not have had. This blog is going to be dedicated to getting some news stories out there that either don't get out there or don't get out there enough.

American's eyes have been closed too long. If you travel to another country you realize how different the media is how much more gore is exposed.

Hopefully I can expose at least some of the gore for you all.

I will attempt to put my sources up anytime I put a story up. As much as I would like for this blog to be journalistic meaning, straight who, when, what, why, where, and how; I have a job and don't have the time to be out there getting the stories. I will use only the internet, tv, radio, and any other media to prove my points.

Think of this as op-ed with as much truth as I can possibly keep.

Why? The media is a powerful tool in any society. In order to talk about the news you have to know the news, so the only way to get the news is from the various sources above. This shifts the balance towards the media in terms of shaping dialogue in our society.

Since there are only 24 hours in a day and even the networks that have the power to show news that long show the same stuff over and over again. I want to be able to give you guys the news you have no way of getting through your regular day to day media outlets.

Ill do the work for you! So Enjoy and comment, and hopefully we can have lots of fun, and make some change for the good of this country and the world.

As Bartles and James once put it:

We thank you for your support!

Don't Forget to sign up as a member in order to get updated posts. It will make it that much easier for me.

|